Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shalini's Favorite Tunes

Music is so inspirational, don't you think? And because Shalini is someone who inspires me, I was curious to find out what kind of music she enjoys.

"I like all kinds of music, especially in the morning...I like to listen to Indian Classical.... I also love Bob Marley. I think he's got a song for everything!" Shalini laughs.

While music that is politically conscious is good for awareness and the soul, sometimes you just want to listen to something with a good beat that you can dance to! "I love 'Kiss' by Prince," Shalini giggles. "...it just makes you feel loose. Sometimes I hear a song and my head is gone; there is nothing but that music and the dance floor and the spirit in the room. There is something really liberating about that!"

What music do YOU love? Put it on your IPod or your radio and just let go!

No comments: