Friday, May 25, 2007

Girl Talk! Where Shalini Shops...

I love Shalini's style! It's eclectic and chic and oh-so-Shalini! Every time I see her, I have to ask where she's gotten a piece of jewelry or an amazing coat or a fabulous shirt.

The last time we had one of our "girl talk" sessions on clothes, clothes, clothes, Shalini revealed that her favorite designer is Swati Argade.


"I love her stuff! She's got an 'eco-chic' flare. She works with all local artisans in India, but she makes a really Western style out of it," Shalini told me.


I was so intrigued by her description of the designer, I had to go to Swati's site: SwatiArgade.com. The designs are absolutely INCREDIBLE! No wonder Shalini looks so good all the time!


Even her clothing choices reflect her social consciousness: Shalini always tries to support local communities:


"Every time I buy something, I think I'm voting. I think it's worth it to pay a little more for a company or product that supports the values that we care about. I think it's so rewarding."
- Shalini Kantayya

1 comment:

akrnyc said...

Swati's clothes look great on Shalini!